PRIF support is available to the current PRIF partner countries - Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
PRIF provides technical advice and other advisory services related to the following economic infrastructure sub-sectors:
- Energy (eg. electricity supply, renewable energy)
- Telecommunications (eg. IT networks)
- Water and Sanitation (eg. water supply, water sources, dams, sanitation and sewerage, irrigation and drainage)
- Transport - land, sea, air (eg. roads, bridges, ports, airports)
- Urban development and waste management (eg. solid waste disposal, landfill gas recovery)
PRIF can assist Pacific Island Countries in a number of ways including:
- Providing technical assistance aimed at addressing particular infrastructure needs across five sectors - energy, telecommunications, transport, urban development, and water and sanitation.
- Supporting the development of sector roadmaps
- Building capacity to improve sector planning, budgeting, investment, regulations, and maintenance provision
- Assisting countries in their management of donor infrastructure support through improved coordination mechanisms.
In particular, PRIF will focus on the following functions:
- Engagement and communication with countries about their infrastructure priorities;
- Identification of country level needs across sectors;
- Responses to country requests and regular consultation with the PRIF Management Committee to determine the most appropriate response to such requests;
- Input to the development and review of projects in which PRIF has an interest/engagement;
- Provision of technical expertise around key sub-sectors;
- Development of a network of various PRIF partner experts and resources that can be tapped; and
- Support for activities that encourage improved sectoral planning and budgeting.
PRIF works closely with Pacific Island Countries and PRIF partner agencies as well as regional organisations, non-government organisations, community-based organisations, industry associations and private sector bodies.
PRIF PIC member map: