PRIF promotes a country-led approach where the priorities for infrastructure investment are set by each country and align with overall development goals and priorities.
- PRIF has been assisting PICs to identify their infrastructure priorities through the preparation of national infrastructure investment plans.
- Where requested, PRIF will assist countries to identify priorities for PRIF support and will help ensure these are part of a sector-wide infrastructure strategy.
- The PRIF development partners will support countries to lead development and the coordination of development agencies and programs to achieve better infrastructure outcomes.
- The best way for countries to engage with PRIF is by having:
- A single government agency responsible for the coordination of other agencies and for contact with PRIF development partners.
- A process to sort out infrastructure priorities and lead development partners.
- A roadmap for future investment in economic infrastructure.
- Countries can request PRIF to assist countries to develop these processes and priorities.