PRIF is based on an outcomes framework with the following goal and outcomes:
- Goal: Broad-based growth and improved living standards.
- Long-term Outcome: Increased quality and quantity of infrastructure for the people of the Pacific
- Intermediate Outcomes:
- Streamlined partner country access to technical and capacity building assistance and infrastructure funding
- Sustained long-term increase in net resources available to partner countries (all sources) to finance capital and recurrent infrastructure costs
- Greater partner country capacity to plan and manage infrastructure for improved delivery of services.